NOW RECRUITING: Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, & QSP Committee Chair
These are vital volunteer roles that make great things happen at Bowmore, like:
- Artists & Scientists in the Classroom
- Additional drama & arts activities
- Athletics needs like jerseys & a new scoreboard
- Even school buses to outings and competitions!
Have fun, make great things happen for our kids, and gain a deep knowledge of how our school works!
NOMINATE YOURSELF BY END OF DAY FRIDAY, APRIL 29 for the roles of Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, and QSP Coordinators. A link to the nomination form is below. If you have any questions about these roles, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elections for School Council are done in two parts, to ensure the school year starts with key roles already filled:
- EACH MAY: An election selects the Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, and QSP Committee Chair for the following school year
- EACH SEPTEMBER: Another election completes the Council by selecting the remaining Committee Chairs and additional Executive Members
DOWNLOAD: Nomination Form - SUBMIT BY APRIL 29
SCHOOL COUNCIL ELECTION 2011-12: IMPORTANT DATES
- Monday April 18 - Election guidelines and dates sent home with students and self-nomination forms available at the office (Did you get yours?)
- Thursday April 28 - School Council Mix n' Mingle
- Friday April 29 - Nominations close at 4 pm
- Monday May 2 - Ad Hoc Election Committee posts the list of candidates outside the main office and determines if enough nominations were received to warrant an election
- Wednesday May 4 - Candidates' Introduction Public Meeting (if an election is called)
- Thursday May 5 - Election by secret ballot, if needed
- Monday May 9 - Election results are posted outside the main office
- Thursday May 12 - School Council Meeting to introduce new Executive for 2011/12; September election will complete the Council’s membership.